Tuesday, April 21, 2009

SOONER THAN EXPECTED!


Well, Emri came a little sooner than expected....Which was fine by me!
Sunday night I was having regular contraction every 5 minutes for about 4 hours...So, at 3:00 in the morning I found myself packing my bags, folding laundry, putting on at least eye liner, and crazy enough, painting my toenails!.....But sadly, the contractions never began to get painful....So, I opted out on going to the hospital and went back to bed.
Monday came with a few spurts of continuous contractions.....But, once again never became painful enough for me to think Hospital. So I began to tell myself this was not going to happen naturally and I would still have to go in for my Amnio appointment on Wednesday. Which I was dreading, because it isn't the most comfortable test....An 8 inch needle being stuck into your belly doesn't feel the greatest!!
My mom had come up the night before because she just "KNEW" the baby would be here before my induction date and didn't want to miss it! I kept apologizing to her for missing work just to come up here and wait until Thursday. But, she must have had some type of premonition, because sure enough Andy and I found ourselves at the Hospital Tuesday evening questioning if I was indeed in labor!
I felt kind of Dumb for not knowing if I was REALLY in labor....But, I have always been induced and didn't know what early labor pains felt like. So, just to play it safe, I decided they were getting pretty close together and were starting to hurt more than before, so we headed for the Hospital at 9:00pm.
Once I got there I explained to a nurses that I had no clue if I should be there or not....So, she took me to a room and hooked me up to the monitors and checked me. Sure enough I had not dilated a bit! I was still dilated to a 3 and 85% effaced from LAST WEEK!! I was so embarrassed for coming in. I knew I should have stayed home and waited until my induction date!! But, she assured me that the contractions were still coming very regular and to stay and wait an hour to see what came of them.






So, Andy and I sat and watched the Jazz game while we waited for the hour to pass. Once the nurse came back, she checked me again and I had dilated to a 4. So, there was something slowly happening. She said it was up to me if I wanted to leave and labor at home for a few more hours or possibly days...But, in her opinion we should wait 1 more hour to see if anything else would happen. Sadly we never saw a nurse for almost 2 hours. There were several mothers delivering that night, and they had forgotten about the crazy girl who couldn't tell if she was in labor! But, I wasn't going ANYWHERE!!! My contractions had gotten terribly worse and I was in TRUE Labor, begging for a nurse to come in and check me.
Soon enough a nurse came to my rescue and found that I was dilated to a 7 and was in need of being admitted and starting an IV line! I asked if they could get an epidural coming ASAP...But, they said I needed at least 1 liter of fluid from the IV before they could give it to me. AGHHHHH!
So they squeezed on the bag as much as they could to get it to come out faster!
Soon enough I found myself laying there in peace as the epidural began to kick in.
My Mom and Avi soon arrived at the Hospital only to be told to run home to get the forgotten Camcorder. The nurse assured us that we had at least a few more hours before this baby was to come out! So we didn't see any harm in having my mom run home to get it.
Sure enough she hadn't been gone 5 minutes and my water EXPLODED!.....not just broke, but EXPLODED! It sounded like someone had popped a balloon in the room. Andy and I looked at each other questioning what it was until I felt an all too familiar feeling. He ran and got the nurse and she came in to check me. Unfortunately she couldn't do much checking, because Emri's head was sitting right there! I called my mom while the nurses called for the nearest Dr. in the Hospital.
My mother turned the car around and ran every red light on her way. Luckily it was 2:00 in the morning so there wasn't much traffic.
She finally arrived huffing and puffing from running as fast as she could through the Hospital and it was just in time....I pushed twice and at 2:21 am, Baby Emri was out!





Avi was so EXCITED!! She couldn't wait to hold her new baby sister! She watched the Birth and was most excited when she saw the Dark hair. She just new she would have Dark hair.



All the Girls!!


I'm still relieved that my mom made it for the delivery. I would have been sick if she would have missed it! She almost needed to be admitted once she arrived....She nearly had a Heart attack from all that running!! lol.....






Trace is excited to be a BIG Brother. He was a little confused when he saw Emri, but then saw my 'still pregnant' belly! He asked if there was another Emri still in there.

Luckily no....But sadly....Yes, I still look pregnant!!




We are all so excited to have Emri here. She has a slight Heart Murmur that the Dr.'s were questioning. But, we went in on the 19th to have it checked out, and they could hardly hear it. They think that by her 2 week appointment it should be closed...If, not we will then go see a specialist to study it further. But, luckily they seem to think the odds are on our side.


18 comments:

Nick Ashley Reagan Coen & Ike said...

I really hate you for looking so fantastic after just having had a baby!!! She really is adorable! Congratulations!

Rebecca Whitcomb North said...

What an adorable family! Congratulations on your new addition. Avi looks so happy to have a baby sister.

Sonnie's Stories said...

How EXCITING! It makes me want my little Mary here NOW!!!

Heather said...

Okay Jocelyn, Emri is perfect! What an absolute angel bug! Congratulations! I am so happy for your beautiful family!

Walter Family said...

What an exciting birth! I think it's so neat that Avi got to see it! And I'm so glad your mom was able to make it in time! I can't wait to see Emri in person, she is beautiful! (I'm scared it might make me want one of my own though!) You look so good in the pictures - it's hard to believe you had just given birth! :)

Kara said...

Look at you looking all cute at the hospital!! She is so cute and I love that first picture!! Well I love all the pictures, but I love her in that hat.

Jill said...

We're glad she's here and she's so stinkin cute! Her knew little baby face is addorable. Can't wait to see her.

Isaac and Dallas said...

She is so cute. Thanks for letting us drop by. Maysen talked about her all night. I told Bennett that we were going to take Trace for a morning and he is super excited. She is so little. I love it.

Burke Family said...

What a story!!! I can just imagine Rita swearing and trying to make it there!!! Joce, she is BEAUTIFUL!! And what is with you looking HOT while in labor and after. Seriously, she is so cute. That is so fun that Avi was there. How fun for her.....she will always remember it. Congrats you guys. Love ya Joce.

colettelindahl said...

She is so precious Jocelyn, I am so happy for you. Does she look like your other kids? Glad all went well and all the ladies made it to see her come. Hope you are recovering well and enjoting that precious little girl.

Tonja said...

Congrats!!!! I know she will be a big girl by the time we get to meet her, so tell her good things about the Howas :)

Love ya

The Dimick Clan said...

She is just adorable!! Congrats! :)

Russell and Emilie said...

Oh my she is adorable!! Congratulations! Thats so exciting! I love her little hats! CUTE!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Those pictures are precious. They made me choke up a little bit. What a georgous baby. Congratulations you guys. I hope everything is okay with her heart!

Janelle said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations! And can I just say Jocelyn.....you look amazing! You do not look like you just had a baby! You have a beautiful family :)

Steve Garrard said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!! And what a fantastic addition to an already fantastic family. Wow, we miss you guys. Thanks for keeping us posted via technology! Look forward to seeing you all sometime soon.

The Jacobson Family said...

She is so pretty, we can't wait to see her in person. You look so good for just giving birth, I love all the pictures. Congratulations!!!

Mama Snow said...

She is so cute! Congrats. It sounds like a crazy adventure. I am with you though with contractions. I have never seemed to know when I am n labor either. I don't know what it is, they say you will know, but I think I questions everything too much.