Sunday, November 2, 2008

A PIRATES HALLOWEEN

Halloween was a lot of FUN this year. Trace LOVED all the scary things around the neighborhood. He would visit Captain Jack Sparrow down the street daily. Several times he came up missing throughout the month and we always knew where to find him. He would be down the street without any shoes...Sometimes without any pants just standing in front of our neighbors house looking at the Hanging Jack Sparrow. He was Scared to death of it and would CRY if we got him too close...But, he could stare at it all day long if he was a few feet away.



My Mom and Dad came up for the weekend to watch the kids go Trick or Treating.
So, Friday morning we decided to take all the Grand kids to Gardner Village to take a few picts of them in their costumes with the Witches.





Hallie was Hannah Montana. Avi was a Pirate. Olivia was a Cheerleader. Trace was a Pirate and Brayden was a Doctor.




After Tick or Treating the kids came home with LOADS of Candy....and were on a SEVERE Sugar High. Trace didn't go to bed until 11:30 that night!
I may just keep all the candy they got and serve it up Next Year to get rid of it all.
If your child happens to get a crusty candy bar next year....You'll know where it came from! :)

9 comments:

Burke Family said...

Adorable kids Joce!

Anonymous said...

These kids are more intimidating than Captain Kidd.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Your costumes are awesome!! Did you make those? I love Andy with the black eye liner. Did he dress up for the work costume contest?

The Jacobson Family said...

I love your costumes, it sounds like you had a good time.

Walter Family said...

You guys all looked so good! That's so cute that Trace was so fascinated by Captain Jack Sparrow but scared of it at the same time! He's such a cutie! I like your idea of what to do with their candy - I will probably just end up helping the kids out way too much with eating it all! :)

Tara said...

You are the cutest mother ever. I love the pirate theme. That costume on your son is amazing! How are you feeling?

suzy said...

Cute costumes!! You should use that family picture for your Christmas cards!! That is so sweet of your parents to come up for Halloween. I wish the grandparents would come and visit us more, my kids don't get enough attention.
Did I ever tell you that the hygenist at Gwens dentist is your dad's cousin? Darren Barney. He is the reason that Gwen loves to go to the dentist, he is so awesome with kids.

Foutz Family said...

HEY JOCE-

ARRH OLI MATEYS! LOOKS LIKE A BLAST! MISS YA!

-AMANDA

suzy said...

The first time Joey saw Gwen in that hat he called her Jocelyn. Funny, huh? But he said it should have a sunflower on it. I really did think of you when I bought it too. Anyway, how much do your maids charge? Awhile ago I had some girls coming over every other week to clean and they were pretty reasonable. But then they started saying they needed to come every week or they wouldn't be able to stay caught up, like I am a total pig or something. And what do you have them do? I think I was having them do the wrong things, like things I was just going to have to redo the next day. But I agree, those days were the happiest for our family.