Wednesday, August 20, 2008

BEE's, BALLS, & S'MORES

Andy has a forclosure down the street from the Bee's Stadium that he had to go check on this weekend.
While there, we decided to walk down to the game and see if they were no longer taking tickets, so that we could just walk in. Well...Sure enough a man in a yellow jacket was guarding every entry gate possible...eventhough the game was more than half way over.
And me.... being as cheap as I am, refused to pay to get in to see the last few innings.

So, we took in the smell of hotdogs, crackerjacks and a ton of cigarette smoke from outside the gates.
Good thing IHOP's Pancake man was there to make it worth while....Cause, while standing there taking pictures of the Fam, a Baseball came flying down from above and landed 10 inches or so away from me. It bounced into traffic and across the street into the gutter.
Well, sure enough Andy went running after it and brought it back for Trace.
COOL...We got a game ball and didn't even have to pay to get in!! My cheapness, PAID off!











Sleeping on the JOB!.....HoT Dog on a Stick gives these out in their kids meals....Trace thought it was pretty cool.

We watched Mary's Children, Andy's Sister, while she and her husband, Kari, went to the Jack Johnson Concert. We roasted marshmallows and made S'mores out on the deck before we threw them all into the tub before bed....They were STICKY!!




SURE were TASTY...."Do I have something on my lip?"

F.Y.I--NEVER vacuum on Sunday!!
These are the days I wish I opted for a shag...You can't see seams with patch jobs.
I guess I better start weaving it back in!







9 comments:

Jill said...

YUMM, thos smores look really good. Could you not wait till friday night? I understand tho, I wouldn't be able to wait either.

Kara said...

those smores do look yummy!! Nice on getting the game ball....that's all the kids really want anyways, so why pay!

Emily said...

A Game Ball!! How Awesome! Also your post about the piano lessons sure reminded me of when my girls were taking piano. 4 years for Alexis. Good Times! I just hope they dont lose it if they dont use it. YIKES! I bet you are the best teacher ever!

The Dabo's said...

You're such a cheapo!!! Hey I have tons of extra carpet if you need any.

Walter Family said...

That's so cool you got a game ball without having to go to the game! What are the chances of that happening? So funny!

Doing s'mores looks so fun! Brayden saw your pictures and was so jealous! We got a firepit last summer and I think we only used it twice. We'll need to do that soon before summer's over!

Jayme said...

Hey! You and your family are so dang ADORABLE!!!! You guys are always doing fun things! And you always remember to take the camera with you everywhere! I need to do that.

Kari said...

Wow! It's been forever! I found your blog from Suzy's. I think the last time I saw you was in 2000 up at LDS business college! Long time ago! I just had to say hi...we were at that Bee's game last night, for a family night out from my husbands work. Anyways, your kids are adorable!

Tara said...

Never vacuum on Sundays! I love it. Looks like some fun Summer nights had by the Oliverson Fam. We missed Avi at the party, but it looks like the piano recital was a hit. That invitation might nearly be the most gorgeous thing that I have ever seen. You are so talented! Lets play soon.

anne said...

I love going to the bees games...but I haven't yet done it like that! thanks for the idea...love the pics.

sorry about the carpet-i vacuumed on sunday too and burned ours. who knew that was a sin?? :)