Monday, August 25, 2008

CHERRY HILLS CAMP OUT

This weekend was our Ward Camp out at Cherry Hills.
We all had such a GREAT time.
I had never been there before, but found it to be a great place to go camping.
They had restrooms with toilet paper, showers with warm water.....definitely my kind of camping!
We brought our propane fire ring for the kids to roast marshmallows and make s'mores.
They all had a blast!
After putting all the kids to bed, we played Catch Phrase with everyone around the campfire.
After 12:30 a.m. rolled around and some upset campers came to tell us to quite it down, we called it a night and headed to bed.

Andy had to go put his signs up at a few Foreclosed homes in the area. So, we used one to mark our camp sight. Plus, you never know who may need a realtor when they are out camping???






Since the Ward provided Dinner for us that night, the next morning we were all in charge of making breakfast for ourselves....As you can see IHOP cooked us all up something GREAT!! We even had a few families that brought stuff for breakfast, but when they heard several of us were heading to IHOP, they thought it sounded better than what they had brought.....So OFF we went and asked for a table for 22!



Michelle and I going down the tube run

Cherry Hill was rather fun...The kids LOVED it.
Trace couldn't get enough of the Pirate Ship! He couldn't wait to get on and climb to the top.
He kept saying "ARRRRGH Me Mattes" while he played on it.
He can't wait for Halloween to get here so he can wear his pirate costume!

8 comments:

Walter Family said...

How fun! I'm not much of a camper but that totally sounds like camping I can handle - toilet paper, showers with warm water, a water park, and IHop!!! If the ward does it again next year we'll have to go for sure! :)

Isaac and Dallas said...

Looks like fun. I was sad we had to miss it. We really wanted to go. Maybe next year.

Tara said...

Where is this place? How fun. Is the water park part of it? I love the fire ring. Where can you buy one of those. My Favorite was the amazing camp cook for breakfast. I knew I liked you Jocelyn!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Looks like a lot of fun! :) I love the foreclosed house sign. Too funny! Hopefully you won't get a bunch of wierdos calling Andy's cell phone number. :)

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Looks like a lot of fun! :) I love the foreclosed house sign. Too funny! Hopefully you won't get a bunch of wierdos calling Andy's cell phone number. :)

Jill said...

That was so much fun. It was so good you brought your fire tire, because what would camping be without smores!! Mike said the bishop said he had so much fun playing catch phrase he wants to do another ward campout. So dont put away your camping gear yet.

dancin' momma said...

That looks like a blast! We love to camp, and it's not quite the same in Iowa. I would totally let Hannah do your dishes if we lived closer!!

The Dimick Clan said...

Cherry Hills huh?.. I thought that was a amusement park not a h2o park.. haha apparently I was mistaken! I also love the realtor sign..! Its not camping unless you put your tents up for sale I suppose! haha once again.., you amaze me with all your cute activities! You have DEF put me to shame times 100! haha!