Saturday, June 21, 2008

SWEET SAN DIEGO!!


We just got back from a GREAT Vacation to San Diego. Andy had to work at a Real Estate Auction over the weekend there, so the Kids and I decided to Fly in after it was over to meet up with him and spend the week .

We had a GREAT time and the kids LOVED it! Avi couldn't stop searching for Sea Shells the whole time we were there. It was nice because the little Cottage we stayed in sat right on the Ocean. These are picts just outside the front door. It was positioned in a little cove, so there weren't any waves to wash the kids out to Sea and plenty of sea shells to be had. We went and bought the kids buckets and shovels to play in the sand, which made it harder to get them to do anything else. They were completely content for hours just building sandcastles and burring each other in the sand.

There were two Ducks that roamed the resort and always ended up near our little cottage. Trace LOVED them....They would even eat out of your hand if you had something to give them.


We ate breakfast next to the ocean each morning and had a special bird friend come join us. He waited for us every morning to be seated then flew over and sat on this log and waited to be fed.
He wasn't a big fan of French Toast....But he sure LOVED Mushrooms. Luckily mushrooms are not my favorite, so I picked them out of my omelet and gave them to him.





SEA WORLD






They had a new Sesame Street feature at Sea World this year. The Kids Loved it!...Well, Trace was a little Freaked out when it came time to get close to the characters for pictures...But, the splash park was a hit and the rides were fun. We met one of Andy's Friends who he works with in California. They brought their son Aiden to keep Avi company.

We saw several things there...But half way through our Sea World Adventure the Camera quit working and died. So, we only got 2 days worth of pictures taken....

The Resort had BEAUTIFUL Grounds. They dyed all the running stream water bright blue.



This is a HUGE tower that was in the Resort we stayed at. It had over 100 stairs to climb to get to the top. The views from on top were Beautiful.


Once we climbed to the top Trace decided to hang over the edge for Dear Life!! Good thing he has a great grip!......J /K it wasn't over the edge...he was completely safe!




The Resorts Pool had a sandy beach built right into the shallow end. The kids loved it because the water didn't taste as bad as the oceans. They could have stayed there ALL day building sand castles. They even played a pool side Movie on a big screen in the evenings. Avi never lasted...She fell asleep on a lounger every time.


This is a picture of the kids on the airplane...Look at their smiling faces. If I would have had a working camera I would have taken Before and After shots. Because their faces did NOT look like this once we landed!! IT WAS HILARIOUS!!....well, not so much since I had to take part in it...But, about 10 minutes before arriving home, the airplane hit some HUGE turbulence. And I mean HUGE!!! We were bouncing all over the place up, down, side to side....(It is making me sick just recalling the feeling) Anyhow, Trace was getting sick, so Andy took him out of his seat and sat him on his lap. Well, it wasn't long before he let loose and Puked all over Andy. As soon as I saw he had lost it...I LOST it! Then Avi started crying because she needed something to throw up in....So I handed her the McDonald's Happy meal box that I had just used...But, she said she didn't want to use it because it still had her Chicken Nuggets and Fries in there. Well....Little did she know they were all covered in MY Special Sauce....So, I told her I would get her a new happy meal if she would just Throw up in it.
Well...Seeing her finally putting the box to good use, made me sick once again. So I had to ask the guy behind me if they had any barf bags on their row. Luckily they had one left that no one was using....So, I threw up again. Hoping it was the last time!! Meanwhile...Andy is sitting there covered in throw up, laughing at us all while we each hunched over some type of container loosing our lunch!
Sadly, it wasn't just our family making a HUGE scene....Several others turned in there little white barf bags on the way out of the plane....It was truly the worst case of Turbulence I have ever experienced! Hopefully it won't scar the kids too much, and they will want to fly again.
Anyhow, the Vacation was Great up until our arrival home. But, was well worth all the throw up!!

10 comments:

Allison said...

Gross! I'm glad I missed that flight.
Well, I'm happy the rest of your vacation was fun. Cute pictures with the Sesame Street gang. I love the close up of that bird. Beautiful.

Isaac and Dallas said...

Sounds like you had fun, other then the flight home. The view from your place looks to cool. Way pretty. Sorry about your camera, atleast you got a few good pictures.

Kara said...

Wow, I have to admit that that would have been quite a scene. I got a good laugh just reading your post...and i'm still laughing cause I can only imagine! But besides all that i'm so glad you guys had fun and had a good vacation. The resort you stayed at looks awesome!

Me and the Boys said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. You have to let me know what resort you stayed at...it looks like the perfect place for us to take a vacate! Oh, and great idea on the girls night out! I'm just sad I couldn't crash the party!

Tara said...

San Diego is the best. Why wasn't I invited? Hey when are we going to do girls night with all the West Jordan Girls? You continue to amaze me with your creativity!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Cute pics!! Looks like you guys had a blast. I'm glad you decided to go for Andy's auction. I wouldn't ever get on a plan again after an experience like that, though. I already hate flying!

Jamie and DaLena said...

Oh Jocelyn...I am jealous of the vacation, not so much how it ended. What flight were you on? Maybe Jamie was one of your pilots. j/k He works for a regional out here and doesn't fly to San Diego right now. He got a good laugh at your story.

suzy said...

I am laughing so hard right now! Do you watch Family Guy? There is an episode where they are all throwing up all over the place and that is what I am picturing, except your cute kids instead of cartoon characters.

I am so jealous about Sea World. We were there like a week too early. But they were testing the rides so the kids could see them going and didn't believe us that it wasn't open. Oh well.

Rebecca Whitcomb North said...

That's hilarious! Sounds like you guys had quite an adventure on the plane. Ewwww!

I'll be flying to Southern California next week, too. I hope we don't run into any turbulance, too. Brad and the kids get motion sickness easily. I'll make sure to bring extra bags along, just in case.

Tracy Smythe said...

"If you're going to spew, spew in this...." Oh, that was hilarious. I'm sure not so hilarious for you! It's going to be a great memory one day. Avi and Trace are the cutest! You guys are one adorable family!