This is what our yard has had to deal with for several days!!!
We have been hit with some severe wind storms here lately.....And because our house is the last home in the corner of the development....We get ALL the TUMBLEWEEDS.
There is an undeveloped piece of land just South of our Neighborhood that has been CRAWLING with these lovely things! And since the city has not been too on top of getting these areas mowed down, we get to deal with all the clean up!.....LUCKY US!!!!
I swear this spring and summer we will have Tumbleweeds growing right out of the lawn. These Nasty little guys spread seeds like Crazy!
After 4 Truckloads.....We finally got them all cleaned out! I seriously contemplated MOVING!!
But, I guess we will just need to write some nasty letters to the City explaining the problem, so that next year we are not stuck doing this again!!
7 comments:
That is CRAZY! I am AMAZED at how many weeds there were. Thank goodness for good neighbors.
Are you serious! I can't believe that! Too bad it's not halloween, it would be a perfect decoration! Only 3 days.
Um, that doesn't even look real! lol! That sucks, I can't believe how many weeds there were.
Good luck with the baby! So soon!
Yuck! Poor things! We get lots of those in our yeard and they blow all over the place because of the field behind our house. Blah.
Andy mentioned about his friend's passing.. I am so sorry to hear about that. Looks like he was a neat guy. It's so sad that he had kids that are left behind. Hope you guys are doing okay.
Are you having that baby this week?
YES! YES! PLEASE TELL!!!! Have you had that little bundle of joy yet?.. :)
That's insane! I guess that's one huge bonus about living in Iowa...I never have to deal with that!
You need to sell these online! I heard about a lady in Texas who started selling tumbleweeds online as a joke, to prove you can't sell anything you want on the internet, and guess what? SHE DID!!! I guess movie studios would order them in mass quantities for movies. And her overhead was nothing, shipping was cheap 'cuz they don't weigh anything, and she made tons of money! HAHA Wouldn't that be cool if you did too? :)
Post a Comment