Thursday, October 16, 2008

TRICK OR TREAT SMELL MY FEET

Yesterday was Avi's School Halloween Party.
It was their last day before they went Off Track, so we celebrated Halloween a little early.
The kids had a BLAST!
We split the kids up into 3 groups and rotated. Jill put together a Graveyard walk, (like a cake walk) with Headstones and all. I played Pin the Nose on the Pumpkin and had the kids wear blacked out Halloween masks as blindfolds. And another Mom helped with a cute craft of Halloween Pins. The kids chose from a Pumpkin, Candy corn, or a Frankenstein to make.
After the rotations we played one BIG game of Halloween Bingo. Which the kids Loved.
After a few kids got Bingo and received a Prize, several others would shout out Bingo even if they didn't have it. They thought that was all they had to say to get an extra treat!

The kids weren't able to dress up in their costumes, since it wasn't officially Halloween. So, they were asked to wear anything Halloweeny. Avi and Lorin wore matching shirts and headbands and looked Oh so Cute!
And of Course the Party would not have been complete without Donuts and GREEN Milk!
Some kids were a little disturbed by it's looks, but soon found it tasted rather familiar. They all left with with a slight Sugar High and Backpacks FULL of Candy to last them until Halloween.

6 comments:

Emily said...

How cute! Avi and Lorin are getting so grown up. We love halloween so much at our house but this year has been slow to get going. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jill said...

I don't know about you but I'm going to need a couple days to recoup. Maybe it's good we only have to do the Halloween party and the Valentines party.

Sonnie's Stories said...

This sounds like it was a fun party! I always admired the energy and creativity of room mothers when I was teaching. I was also SO grateful not to have to plan the party. Something about 20+ sugar high kids in the classroom stifled the enthusiasm of this teacher :-)!I think I'll be more enthused about throwing a class party when Max is in school.

Walter Family said...

How fun! I can't wait to do stuff like that with Brayden next year! The girls look so cute!

Kara said...

Good thing they have awesome mom's who volunteer to get it all put together....hope the stink wasn't too bad!!!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

How fun! I haven't seen green milk before but I bet the kids loved it. I miss the Halloween parties from my childhood.